All creatures of our God and King
I sing the mighty power of God
The Lord's my shepherd
I am thine oh Lord
O for a thousand tongues to sing
Christ is the world's redeemer
Scripture: Colossians 2:6-15
 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.  For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,  and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.  In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,  having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.  And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,  by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.  He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.
(Colossians 2:6-15 ESV)
God's way or our way.
We have received Jesus.
- the one sent by God
What are we to do with this Christ that we have received?
- Be rooted in him..... Be sunk into Jesus, the one who were have life from
- Built up. Growing higher in our knowledge of him.
- Established in faith. Strengthened. Made strong and sure.
- We are to do this abounding In thankfulness to God.
The other way
- Captive to philosophy..... Philosophy of the human spirit. It is one of empty deceit. It promises one thing but simply cannot deliver.
- According to the elemental spirits..... The little gods who helped run the world.
Realize what you have in Christ
- Christ dwells in us...... Christ bodily dwells us. He fills us.
- Filled with Christ..... Means that Jesus can transform us
- Circumcised of Christ........ Defeating the body of flesh
- Buried and raised with him...... Raised by our faith in him
- Made alive within him
- Forgiven of sin..... No need to feel the weight of your guilt. Our debt is cancelled.
- Cancelling our debt.... My charges where nailed to the cross with him. My sins, my debts PAID for.
- Disarming the rulers and authorities..... Shaming them with his triumph over them.
So we need to consider our lives then
- Whose way are we walking?
- Are we aware our sins are forgiven?
- Are we wanderers who come and go in Christ? See God more and wander less.
- Are we thankful in our lives? Be satisfied in Christ.
- Have you been taken captive by anything?
- Mind how you walk.