Low in the Grave He Lay (Words in Bulletin)
204 Jesus Christ Is Risen Today
208 The Day of Resurrection
205 Come, Ye Faithful, Raise the Strain
Because He Lives (Words in Bulletin)
Hymn # 411 Take the Name of Jesus with You
Hymn # 41—4 Be This while Life Is Mine
1 Corinthians 15:3-20
 Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?  But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised.  And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.  We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised.  For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised.  And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.  Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.  If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.
 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
(1 Corinthians 15:3-20 ESV)
Easter is all about Christ being raised from the dead.
The scriptures tell us. Christ died. Christ was buried. Christ rose from the dead three days later.
One does not bury living people.
Many deny Christ even rose from the dead. it is even within the church...they use the same words but their meaning is different. They choose to believe science over the bible. They ever were like this in the early church. (see v 12-14)
So if people can't be raised from the dead (that all that happens after death is merely the body decaying). then Jesus can't be raised from the dead either as he was fully human like the rest of us. (therein lies their reasoning) If we believe that, then there are consequences to it.
Paul is clear. If Jesus was not risen from the dead then
1. Our preaching is in vain. It means that the very foundation of what we believe is compromised. if Christ isn't raised then God didn't do it. So our preaching is in vain because God's justice demands sin be punished. If Jesus didn't die and not been raised then the sacrifice has not been made. So everything is a lie.
2. our faith is futile. If our trust is in a risen Saviour and he isn't actually risen, then we don't believe anything. It means we are believing an untruth.
3. Our belief needs to be in something true or it is pointless. If Jesus did not rise from the dead, then our sins are not forgiven. Then we have no comfort in God. No HOPE.
4. Christians often live a life of suffering. We choose to trust God rather than the wisdom of this world. Paul himself was beaten, imprisoned etc. Christians around the world suffer persecution for God's sake. Would we have that be in vain?
5. Do we really want to live a life of futility? A life that is pointless?
KNOW THIS.. Christ has been raised from the dead. he was buried. He has been risen from the dead!
Our sins are forgiven.
God's justice has been met.
God's wrath has been turned away.
Jesus was the firstfruits of those who are dead. he is the first of all those who are dead who will be raised from the dead. He has been raised!
If we have died in Christ we too shall be raised from the dead.
Trust in Jesus.
Know that he died to make you right with God.
If Jesus rose from the dead believe what he taught.
If he did not rise from the dead, then who cares what he said cause it would all be a lie.
it is NOT a lie.
Christ died. Christ was buried. Christ rose from the dead.
These are facts.
Our sins are indeed forgiven.