And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,  he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,  if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.
(Colossians 1:15-23 ESV)
Frequently Christians think there must be something more needed in our lives so that we don't have to deal with besetting sin.
This was happening in the Colossae church as well. They needed to follow a special cleansing ritual.
But Paul corrected that thinking. Reminding them that Christ has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness,.
His response to the false teachers was to point them to Christ.
Who is Christ?
- The image of the invisible God. We can't see God lest we die. Christ shows us God.
- Firstborn of all creation. In him where all things created. He is the Word.
- He is before all things
- He keeps the entire universe running.
- He is the head of the church. 2 Corinthians
- He is the beginning
- He is the firstborn from the dead. Resurrection. He died. He lived.
- He is preeminent. The supreme being.
- In him the fullness of God dwells was Pleased to dwell.
- He reconciles all things to himself.
And who are we.?
- Once hostile and alienated
- Doer of evil deeds
- God the injured party reconciled us to himself.
- All we need to do is
- continue in the faith
- stable and steadfast
- not shifting from the hope of the gospel
That is all we have to do. Keep trusting in the hope he has presented to us.
Ignore this feelings of uncertainty. See who Jesus is. Just continue in that trust.