- 1 (12 ounce) package macaroni
2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a large cup. Add butter and cheese to the egg and milk. Stir well.
- Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir well. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.
The lad's part in helping
Poured the milk
cracked the egg (did this really well for the first time)
Helped with melting butter
Mixed the cheese.milk.butter.egg.mixture.
Helped pour it onto the macaroni.
We'll see how this recipe works out! We'll know in 30 minutes or so.
I did mac/cheese and two kiwis (they needed to be used up).