Directions and ingredients
2. In a large bowl, combine
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c rolled oats or barley flakes
- 1/2 c wheat germ
- 1/2 c oat bran
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1/2 - 1 c finely chopped nuts and/or seeds
- 1/4 c dry milk powder (optional)
- dash salt (optional)
- 1/2 c water
- 1 c broth: veggie, chicken, beef, whatever
- 1 large egg
4. Shape the dough by whatever means works for you. Roll it and press out shapes using cookie cutter. Roll into a tube and cut off small pieces. Roll flat and cut into strips. Whatever works for you will be fine.
4. Arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving space between. If you want them to be glossy than brush them with a bit of milk or lightly beaten egg to brush over top.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes, then turn off the oven and let them sit there until the oven cools to let them harden further.