1 cup oat bran
1 cup oats
1 tsp powdered ginger or 1 tbsp fresh ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk or water
1-2 tbsp honey or molasses
light cream cheese or peanut butter for spreading (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl mix flour, oat bran, oats, ginger and cinnamon. In small bowl mix yogurt, milk/water and honey or molasses.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until well blended.
- On a well-floured surface, knead the dough a few time, then roll out about a quarter inch thick and cut into shapes.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm. Let cool for several hours until very firm. IF desired spread cheese or peanut butter and make sandwiches.
- Makes about 36 cookies depending on size.
- Store in tightly sealed container at room temperature OR refrigerate if made into cookies.