1 Vindicate me, O God, and defend my cause against an ungodly people, from the deceitful and unjust man deliver me! 2 For you are the God in whom I take refuge; why have you rejected me? Why do I go about mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? 3 Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! 4 Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God. 5 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
And so David speaks to what he knows of God.
1. God is his source of refuge.
2. God will send out his light
3. God will send out his truth.
4. God's light and truth will guide David in his actions.
5. God's guidance will lead David back to him.
6. Being led back to God will take David before God, to his altar.
7. This will led to David praising God with music.
8. That praise of God will lead David to ask himself.. WHY am I so downcast? Hope in the Lord!
Do you see the progression?
It's all on God's action.
God's truth and light draws us to him which reminds us of just who God is.
Our Hope is always in the Lord.
My hope is always in the Lord.