Praise my soul the king of heaven
Come to the saviour now
Just as I am without one plea
Lead me Lord in thy righteousness
Rock of ages, cleft for me
Thy love divine hath led us in the past
 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the lhttp://www.weebly.com/editor/main.phpight, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.  If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
(1 John 1:5-10 ESV)
Often people don't like to look at their sin. It makes them feel bad and To realize they don't have it altogether.
Last week we saw that Christ coming was historical fact and what that all meant. A shared life grounded in God the Father.
The result of the false reaching they had received lingered beyond the presence or, lack thereof of the false teachers.
John makes it clear.....this is not our message, this is the message we received from God himself.
1. God is light, in him there is no darkness at all. Light...God is completely pure, good, just, etc. No darkness is in him. He doesn't waver between good and evil. He is goodness only.
2. God shines into the darkness of our lives and shows the darkness in the world we live in. God shows us reality.
3. If we say
- we have fellowship with God while we walk in darkness we are liars
- we don't tell the truth
- BUT if we walk in the light as God is in the light we are in fellowship with him and his blood cleans us up
- we have no sin we deceive ourselves
- false teachers said there was no sin...anything wrong has nothing really to do with us.
- we have not sinned we make God a liar
- denies our internal corruption and says we have never sinned. It's wrong for you but not for me. People like to say this.
If we say we walk with God but live in our darkness we lie!!!
Self-deception says we don't sin.
God a liar if we say we never have sinned.
Do you want to live a lie?
Either walk in the light and walk with God..or walk in darkness and be a liar.
How much do you want to fool yourself?
How much do you want to justify your actions?
Hope is given
1. Confess your sins and he will forgive them, he will cleanse us from this unrighteousness.
2. God is faithful and just . He won't punish us beyond merit.
3. We have fellowship with him if we walk in the light, being forgiven and being cleansed.