noun: love; plural noun: loves
- 1. an intense feeling of deep affection."babies fill parents with intense feelings of love"
- a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone."it was love at first sight"
- a personified figure of love, often represented as Cupid.noun: Love
- a great interest and pleasure in something."his love for football"
- affectionate greetings conveyed to someone on one's behalf.synonyms:best wishes, regards, good wishes, greetings, kind/kindest regards "my mother sends her love"
- a formula for ending an affectionate letter."take care, lots of love, Judy"
- 2. a person or thing that one loves."she was the love of his life
- 3. (in tennis, squash, and some other sports) a score of zero; nil."love fifteen"
Cain did not show love.
He in fact KILLED his brother. Definitely not a thing of love is it?
Bible tells us the reason that Cain killed Abel.
"Because his own deeds were evil and his brother's righteous."
It always strikes me as odd you know.. when I read of similar things happening in novels. "He was too good so I killed him". And it leaves me nonplussed. It's like what do you do with that? People are good so you kill them?
Cain killed his brother. His brothers goodness showed the evil in his heart. That is why Abel died.
God tells us that we shouldn't be surprised at this. The world will hate us. it's bound to. The world at this point kinda is the domain of the devil and he's opposed to God. So we need to remember something. We have passed from Death to Life. Why? Because we love. We love God. We love our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Or rather if we don't, we aren't truly of God are we? Because whoever doesn't love lives in death.
Life - Love. Death - Not Love. Which side should we choose you think?
Me.. I'll chose life. I'll chose God.
That means I MUST be prepared to be hated. Even though it catches me off guard, it shouldn't. It's a hard thing to prepare for though...to be hated. Makes me think it'd be a good thing to prepare my lad for eh? That way he won't be caught off guard and feel shaken when it happens.
The question that remains for me then.. is how do I do this?